Registered Users

Is it legal? Does it matter? Discuss it here.
Cameron Campbell

Re: Registered Users

Postby Cameron Campbell » 28 Jul 2012, 09:54

GJKS wrote:
Cameron Campbell wrote:A link to the free member's lounge is desired. Thanks.

Sorry Cameron, but the IAAH doesn't have a category of membership called 'free members'. Access to the Member's Lounge is restricted as it is for the use of IAAH members. As far as I'm aware, you aren't a member of the IAAH! No magic wand can be waved to meet your desire for access to the Member's Lounge without your being a member of the IAAH.

I was almost certain that was the case. However, Ms. McClurg definitely stated that it was free. Just trying to clear things up in my oh-so-subtle way.

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 28 Jul 2012, 14:09

Cameron Campbell wrote:I was almost certain that was the case. However, Ms. McClurg definitely stated that it was free. Just trying to clear things up in my oh-so-subtle way.

Membership is free in that it costs nothing to join or to be a member however, it is still necessary to apply for membership.

Regards,

Martin
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

GJKS

Postby GJKS » 29 Jul 2012, 07:32

Cameron Campbell wrote: Just trying to clear things up in my oh-so-subtle way.

:roll:
Regards,
Geoff

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 03 Aug 2012, 11:00

Cameron Campbell wrote:
GJKS wrote:
Cameron Campbell wrote:A link to the free member's lounge is desired. Thanks.

Sorry Cameron, but the IAAH doesn't have a category of membership called 'free members'. Access to the Member's Lounge is restricted as it is for the use of IAAH members. As far as I'm aware, you aren't a member of the IAAH! No magic wand can be waved to meet your desire for access to the Member's Lounge without your being a member of the IAAH.

I was almost certain that was the case. However, Ms. McClurg definitely stated that it was free. Just trying to clear things up in my oh-so-subtle way.

I've been vacationing for a bit. Sorry for the confusion. Membership is free. In fact, one could call us all "free members" - Just fill out the application and I suspect if you aren't a particularly shady character... :D
Be well,
Kathy

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 03 Aug 2012, 21:56

Just fill out the application and I suspect if you aren't a particularly shady character ...

I am sure my fellow Board members will not consider that I am revealing any dark secret if I say that we look closely at each and every application, and believe me we do turn down applicants who do not seem serious. We do expect some knowledge of heraldry and/or a genuine wish to learn and progress, and for those with the knowledge already a willingness to share.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 04 Aug 2012, 22:21

Chris Green wrote:
Just fill out the application and I suspect if you aren't a particularly shady character ...

I am sure my fellow Board members will not consider that I am revealing any dark secret if I say that we look closely at each and every application, and believe me we do turn down applicants who do not seem serious. We do expect some knowledge of heraldry and/or a genuine wish to learn and progress, and for those with the knowledge already a willingness to share.

So much for smileys....
Be well,
Kathy

Return to “The Law and Lore of Heraldry”