Registered Users

Is it legal? Does it matter? Discuss it here.
Cameron Campbell

Registered Users

Postby Cameron Campbell » 24 Jul 2012, 09:51

It's funny how the "Google [bot]" and "MSNbot Media" show up as registered users!

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Re: Registered Users

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 24 Jul 2012, 10:12

Cameron Campbell wrote:It's funny how the "Google [bot]" and "MSNbot Media" show up as registered users!

I am at a loss as to how this comment relates to the Law and Lore of Heraldry but nevertheless, before I remove it elsewhere, it is a feature of this forum that a large number of search engine "bots" are already pre-registered with their own unique and restricted ability to search (selected and unrestricted) parts of the forum. This feature allows and encourages the search engines to locate and search the forum thus enhancing our chances of showing up on those search engines and increasing our chances of being found by potential participants who will, hopefully, go on to become Members of the Association. Without this the search engine "bots" would not be able to access the forum at all. A rather helpful little enhancement I think.
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Iain Boyd

Postby Iain Boyd » 24 Jul 2012, 22:21

Interesting, something new I have learnt about the operation of the internet.

However, regarding Martin's comments -

"I am at a loss as to how this comment relates to the Law and Lore of Heraldry but ...." -

when there is no appropriate section we have to post our comments and questions where we can.

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 25 Jul 2012, 08:07

How about the Members Lounge?
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry

Iain Boyd

Postby Iain Boyd » 25 Jul 2012, 23:02

I am not a member.

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 26 Jul 2012, 09:21

Iain Boyd wrote:I am not a member.

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Time to give it a try? It is free.... and there's opportunity for further study in a rather controlled atmosphere... :D
Be well,
Kathy

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 27 Jul 2012, 11:31

Kathy McClurg wrote:
Iain Boyd wrote:I am not a member.

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Time to give it a try? It is free.... and there's opportunity for further study in a rather controlled atmosphere... :D

A link to the free member's lounge is desired. Thanks.

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 27 Jul 2012, 11:35

Martin Goldstraw wrote:
Cameron Campbell wrote:It's funny how the "Google [bot]" and "MSNbot Media" show up as registered users!

I am at a loss as to how this comment relates to the Law and Lore of Heraldry but nevertheless, before I remove it elsewhere, it is a feature of this forum that a large number of search engine "bots" are already pre-registered with their own unique and restricted ability to search (selected and unrestricted) parts of the forum. This feature allows and encourages the search engines to locate and search the forum thus enhancing our chances of showing up on those search engines and increasing our chances of being found by potential participants who will, hopefully, go on to become Members of the Association. Without this the search engine "bots" would not be able to access the forum at all. A rather helpful little enhancement I think.

I'm not criticizing your use of SEO. The presence of the bots is just amusing. Their presence can probably be made invisible, but it doesn't really matter to me.

GJKS

Postby GJKS » 28 Jul 2012, 04:44

Cameron Campbell wrote:A link to the free member's lounge is desired. Thanks.

Sorry Cameron, but the IAAH doesn't have a category of membership called 'free members'. Access to the Member's Lounge is restricted as it is for the use of IAAH members. As far as I'm aware, you aren't a member of the IAAH! No magic wand can be waved to meet your desire for access to the Member's Lounge without your being a member of the IAAH.
Regards,
Geoff

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 28 Jul 2012, 09:39

A link to the Membership application form can be found on the main website page: http://amateurheralds.org/
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry

Return to “The Law and Lore of Heraldry”