The Cronista de Armas de Castilla y Leon

Spanish Heraldry
Stephen J F Plowman

The Cronista de Armas de Castilla y Leon

Postby Stephen J F Plowman » 19 Jun 2019, 09:23

I understand that The Cronista de Armas de Castilla y Leon is still very much in action. Is anyone familiar of how the (private) registration process works?

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Re: The Cronista de Armas de Castilla y Leon

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 21 Jun 2019, 12:56

Stephen J F Plowman wrote:I understand that The Cronista de Armas de Castilla y Leon is still very much in action. Is anyone familiar of how the (private) registration process works?

I have no personal experience however, if you wish to learn more about the process of a private registration, a Facebook search for Joseph Crews, who goes by the handle Persevante Leon Blanco, might assist.

The American Heraldry Society has this to say about such registrations however, you pays your money and you takes your choice:
American Heraldry Society wrote:At the present time, however, it appears that there are no cronistas possessing Ministry of Justice approval to certify personal arms, the last holder of that title having died in December 2005. Don Alfonso de Ceballos-Escalera y Gila, Marqués de La Floresta, who was appointed Cronista de Armas de Castilla y León by the regional government of Castile and Leon in 1991, has issued certifications of personal arms in the past, but the Spanish Council of State ruled in 1995 that his authority extended only to the area of provincial and municipal heraldry within the Autonomous Community of Castile and Leon, and that his certifications of personal arms were invalid.
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Stephen J F Plowman

Postby Stephen J F Plowman » 25 Jun 2019, 12:43

Idle curiosity on my part. I saw something that prompted my query but, for the life of me, I cannot remember where. :oops:

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 02 Jul 2019, 10:50

This was recently posted on Facebook - scroll down for the relevant article:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bx0R7O ... 4nNaVm1nCI
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Stephen J F Plowman

Postby Stephen J F Plowman » 12 Jul 2019, 12:16

Martin, thank you, not the thing I recall but interesting none-the-less. Not least because it also includes the Worshipful Company of Scriveners of which I am a Liveryman - as are quite a few heraldry enthusiasts not least William P. Boswell the author.

Return to “Spanish Heraldry”