Organizational Armorial

This is where the V.P. Heraldic Design will post finished projects.
Chris Green

Re: Organizational Armorial

Postby Chris Green » 30 May 2014, 07:15

The new version of the chevronel is too narrow and more like fimbriation.

How about Azure on a Pile reversed Gules fimbriated Or surmounted at the point by an Estoile of twelve points Or a Chalice Argent?

I have to say I do have doubts about the silver chalice. If the group wishes to depict the cup referred to in the Bible, which since the disciples were poor was probably of earthenware or wood, "proper" would be most authentic in my view. A silver chalice would be typical for a Holy Communion vessel. But if the group believes in the grail legend, which of course has no basis in the Bible, then virtually anything goes, since the stories are legion. Gold would be as reasonable as silver, as would proper (the design being up to the heraldic artist).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Grail
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

rkasparek

Postby rkasparek » 30 May 2014, 14:30

in the end - all great comments. The group has actually decided to go with the last version though. They love the symbolism that works for them - as long as heradically correct. I have broadened the chevronel a bit and they like it better than the first iteration.

Thank you all for your comments.

Arms: Per chevron Azure and Gules a Chevronel Or between in chief a mullet of 12 points and in base a chalice Argent. Crest: A dove displayed Argent

On a personal note - I have learned my lesson, and will come here FIRST to discuss designs before I show them to the group I am working with. ;) But for this group, they are extremely pleased with the design as above. So as long as the blazon is correct and the design is heraldically correct, thats what they'll go with.

I truly appreciate all of your comments and guidance.
Rick Kasparek
IAAH Vice President: Communications

Terry Baldwin

Postby Terry Baldwin » 30 May 2014, 15:17

I repeat my earlier comment, "Good Job", I am pleased as well that your group has what they wanted.
Regards,

Terry Baldwin
IAAH Vice President: Heraldic Design

rkasparek

Postby rkasparek » 30 May 2014, 17:19

Thanks Terry!

I have another one in the wings - but this time I will design it here FIRST LOL!!
Rick Kasparek
IAAH Vice President: Communications

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 30 May 2014, 19:13

Looks good. If I might be allowed just one further suggestion - move the chalice down just a bit; the top is very near the chevronel and the bottom a long way from the base.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Return to “Design Assistance Requests”