DARs Completed in 2010

This is where the V.P. Heraldic Design will post finished projects.
Chris Green

DARs Completed in 2010

Postby Chris Green » 06 Feb 2015, 15:47

Bishop Keith Rayner of St. Georges, SA, Australia.
Impaled arms as Anglican Archbishop of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Blazon for the secular arms ...
Arms: Per Chevron reversed Azure and Murrey in chief a representation of the constellation Southern Cross (Crux Australis) Argent a Pall Erminites debruised by an Ogre charged with a Maltese Cross Argent charged with a double Tudor Rose proper
Crest: Standing on an issuant grassy Mound Vert an Australian Wedge-tailed Eagle (Aquila audax) statant reguardant proper
Mantling: Murrey doubled Argent
Motto: Through Christ who Strengthens Me
Herald: Geoff Kingman-Sugars
Artist: Sandy Turnbull
Date: Arms assumed 02 Oct 2010
(Also included in the Gallery are the following arms: personal arms as a Bishop;personal arms as an Archbishop;impaled arms as Anglican Archbishop of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia;impaled arms as Anglican Archbishop of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; and impaled arms as Anglican Primate of Australia.)

Wade MacTaggart Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
Arms: Argent on a Bend nebuly Sable between two Barn Owls (Tyto alba) guardant proper three Garbs Or
Crest: Issuant from a Torse Argent and Sable a Barn Owl (Tyto alba) guardant proper the dexter Claw grasping by its upper point a Mullet Azure pierced Argent
Mantling: Sable doubled Argent
Motto: Ratione Non Vi (By Reason, Not Force )
Artist: Tomasz Steifer
Date: Arms assumed 01 December 2010

Mrs. Chong Min MacTaggart (neé Nam), a resident of Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
Ermine in chief a Mackrel naiant Gules eyed Or in base a Mackrel counter-naiant Azure eyed Or
Artist: Tomasz Steifer
Date: Arms assumed 18 May 2011

More to come ....
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Mike_Oettle

Re: DARs Completed in 2010

Postby Mike_Oettle » 26 Feb 2015, 21:10

While I rather like the arms of Bishop Rayner, I would suggest that the division per chevron reversed would be better blazoned as per pall.
Regards,
Mike
The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life.
[Proverbs 14:27]

GJKS

Re: DARs Completed in 2010

Postby GJKS » 30 May 2016, 01:41

You aren't quite right in making that statement.
The blazon that was passed to the VP(HD) for inclusion with the image read...
" Arms: Per Chevron reversed Azure and Murrey a Pall Erminites debruised by an Ogre charged with a Maltese Cross Argent charged with a double Tudor Rose proper ".
The heraldic term 'per pall' indicates that there are three field tinctures. The blazon is 'per Chevron reversed' as the design is only of two field tinctures (making it 'per Chevron reversed') rather than per Pall. If the blazon had been 'per pall' what field tinctures would you give - 'Azure Murrey Murrey'? Somewhat redundant, I think. Had the field been of three tinctures, I would have blazoned it 'Tierced per Pall...', and not just 'Per Pall...'.
Regards,
Geoff

Return to “Design Assistance Requests”