DARs Completed in 2014

This is where the V.P. Heraldic Design will post finished projects.
Chris Green

DARs Completed in 2014

Postby Chris Green » 07 Feb 2015, 17:51

Paul Lindsay
Shield: Gules a Fess enhanced chequy Azure and Argent in chief a Sheetbend Knot fesswise couped and in base a Stag Beetle palewise Argent.
Crest: On a Torse Argent and Gules in front of a Guitar upright Or resting on a Cushion chequy Azure and Argent embellished gold a sleeping Hound dormant Sable.
Mantling: Gules doubled Argent
Motto: ‘E Minimis Maxima’ (Out of the least things big things grow) - below the shield
War Cry: ‘Endure Fort’ (Endure with Strength) - above the shield
Herald: Geoff Kingman-Sugars
Artist: Tomas Steiffer

More to come ...
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

andrewkerensky

Re: DARs Completed in 2014

Postby andrewkerensky » 08 Feb 2015, 21:46

Hello Chris Green, just a little observation that is a Spanish Guitar in the Crest. Effectively the 3 most striking generic guitars are The Spanish, French and American regardless of who marks them or their respective sub categories. I'd probably want that notated in my Blazon if it was my arms.

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 09 Feb 2015, 05:51

andrewkerensky wrote:Hello Chris Green, just a little observation that is a Spanish Guitar in the Crest. Effectively the 3 most striking generic guitars are The Spanish, French and American regardless of who marks them or their respective sub categories. I'd probably want that notated in my Blazon if it was my arms.

You have a point. But perhaps the armiger, Paul Lindsay, wanted to give different heraldic artists the opportunity to interpret "guitar" in various ways. My concern with that approach is that it allows for another generic guitar form that you do not mention: the electric guitar. Once one has wandered off down that road the possibilities are endless. If the armiger is a classical guitarist, depicting a Spanish, rather than a French, American, or even Hawaaian (though the playing technique is very different) may not matter. Depicting an electric guitar, of whatever make, might however cause him apoplexy.

Sadly Paul Lindsay is not a member of the IAAH and thus may never see this discussion. But perhaps the herald, Geoff Kingman-Sugars, can enlighten us as to the reasoning behind the blazoning of the crest.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Chas Charles-Dunne

Postby Chas Charles-Dunne » 09 Feb 2015, 09:22

As it happens, Paul's membership application is arriving with Ton as we speak.
Regards
Chas
IAAH Fellow

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 09 Feb 2015, 17:05

To my knowledge, Paul doesn't have a preference for which guitar. It symbolizes his love of country music and is taken from some monstrous County Music award statue near his home. However, Paul does not use a coupled knot in chief - his is throughout. Unsure how that went different here than his registrations and use elsewhere.

http://www.armorial-register.com/arms-au/lindsay-p-arms.html
Be well,
Kathy

GJKS

Postby GJKS » 30 May 2016, 08:08

Kathy McClurg wrote: It symbolizes his love of country music and is taken from some monstrous County Music award statue near his home.

Why the word 'monstrous'? Definitely superfluous.

...near his home...

To be correct, the Tamworth Music Festival at which the Golden Guitar is awarded annually, is roughly 600Km (375 statute miles) from where Mr. Lindsay resides.

http://www.tcmf.com.au/Awards/ and http://biggoldenguitar.com.au/ refer.
Regards,
Geoff

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 10 Jun 2016, 14:14

I was referring to some monstrous (meaning VERY LARGE) statue near his home -- he's sent me pictures of it.

Geoff, you might want to consider reading all that was written....

As though this has any importance whatsoever...
Be well,
Kathy

Terry Baldwin

Postby Terry Baldwin » 05 Sep 2016, 23:11

The long awaiting announcements for the remaining 2014 DARs will start below. I am very new at this so I will add in a few notes here.

The listings will be by the date the DAR was accepted by us, so some of the dates that the arms are assumed will be later, in some cases much later, do to the delay in getting the process started up again.

I will at least attempt to provide any information on the composition of the arms that I can. In some cases the client has not given permission to release any background (family) information, and in those cases I must respect their wishes, their reasons are their own.

I will include my own speculations on some of the arms (I will specify when I do that). I hope you will all enjoy the color, artistry, and hard work that when into these arms. And I might add if any of you might wish to participate in the Heraldic Design Department, please send a private message and I can give additional information on joining in.

In Memoriam to Tomasz Steifer, to whom the credit for the art work in many of these designs is attributed.
Regards,

Terry Baldwin
IAAH Vice President: Heraldic Design

Terry Baldwin

Postby Terry Baldwin » 05 Sep 2016, 23:21

BREN.jpg

T J Bren a resident of Shakopee, Minnesota, United States of America.

Blazon: Quarterly per Pale and per Fess embattled Or and Azure in each of dexter and sinister chief three Fusils ploye pierced of the field in base a Crescent all counterchanged on a Bordure Argent eight Pellets.

Crest: From a Torse Or and Azure rising from within a Crest Coronet Or a demi-Dragon Vert armed and langued Gules.

Mantling: Azure doubled Or.

Motto: Omnia causa Fiunt (Everything happens for a Reason)

Artist: Tomasz Steifer

Date: Arms Assumed 3 December 2014
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Terry Baldwin

Terry Baldwin

Postby Terry Baldwin » 05 Sep 2016, 23:33

CLEARMAN.jpg

Scott Clearman a resident of Kaufman, Texas, United States of America.

Blazon: Per Pale Sanguine and Ermine overall a Griffin sergeant Or beaked and langued Gules clawed Azure.

Crest: From a Torse Argent and Sanguine a Griffin sergeant Or armed and langued Gules holding between its foreclaws a Cross Florian Sable in the centre a Gunstone fimbriated Argent charged with a Griffin as in the crest sans Cross.

Mantling: Sanguine doubled Argent.

Motto: Fide Libertas Officium (Faith Freedom Duty)

Artist: Lee Lumbley

Date: Arms Assumed 12 August 2015
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Terry Baldwin

Return to “Design Assistance Requests”