The Heraldic Regimental Colours of the Swedish Armed Forces

Heraldic flags such as banners, badge banners, standards, pennons, pincels ... Feel free to discuss and compare the flying heraldy used in any country here.
Marcus Karlsson

Re: The Heraldic Regimental Colours of the Swedish Armed For

Postby Marcus Karlsson » 27 May 2013, 22:40

By request:

Kungl. Värmlands regemente (Royal Värmland Regiment) (I2), the Colour shown is of a Pattern used during the 19th Century and was presented to the Regiment by HM King Oscar I at Axevalla Heath 12 July 1849. It should be noted that the Eagle, Tongues and Lettering which appears to be Silver actually should be Black.

The most recent and last Regimental Colours of I2 as the Regiment was disbanded 1 July 2000. The Colour was presented by the C-in-C of the Central Military District Lieutenant-General Kjell Koserius at the Stockholm Artillery Yardon 13 May 2000. Following the disbandment of the I2 the Colour was handed to the Värmland Defence Area.

It should be noted that the Eagle is coloured Sable which is divergent from the Värmland Arms where the Eagle is Azure. However the Eagle in the Värmland Arms where Sable from the late 17th Century until 1936, when what was seen as the original colours where reinstated. But on the Regimental Colour the Eagle remained Sable on a Field Or.

No separate Colour seems to have been presented to the Värmland Brigade.

Marcus Karlsson

Re: The Heraldic Regimental Colours of the Swedish Armed Forces

Postby Marcus Karlsson » 01 Jul 2016, 20:42

Pattern drawing from the Riksarkivet of the Colour of the Totalforsvarets ammunitions och minröjningscentrum (Total Defence Ammunition and Explosive Disposal Center) (SWEDEC).

Pattern Drawing from the Riksarkivet of the Colour of the Försvarsmaktens underrättelse- och säkerhetscentrum (The Intelligence and Security Center of the Defence Forces)

Marcus Karlsson

Re: The Heraldic Regimental Colours of the Swedish Armed Forces

Postby Marcus Karlsson » 30 Aug 2017, 19:32

Other Drawings form the Riksarkivet:

Försvarsmaktens tekniska skola (Defence Forces Technical School).

Särskilda operationsgruppen (SOG -Special Operations Group).

Return to “Flying Heraldry”