"My Best Friend's Wedding" Flags

Heraldic flags such as banners, badge banners, standards, pennons, pincels ... Feel free to discuss and compare the flying heraldy used in any country here.
Chris Green

"My Best Friend's Wedding" Flags

Postby Chris Green » 09 Sep 2015, 11:26

A well-known British manufacturer of flags has just produced a set of "heraldic flags" for a remake of the film "My Best Friend's Wedding". I reproduce one here:

The remainder may be seen here:

http://www.flagmakers.co.uk/customers/my-best-friends-wedding-flags/

I simply cannot bring myself to undertake a criticism of the flags one by one. Suffice it to say that to use the word "heraldic" to describe them is an affront to our art and science.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Chas Charles-Dunne

Re: "My Best Friend's Wedding" Flags

Postby Chas Charles-Dunne » 09 Sep 2015, 13:48

Our client was overjoyed with the result commenting on how “wonderful the flags look” and what a “fantastic job” the ream had done. Even adding “I will definitely be using your company again when I next need something like that done!” So we’ve all got our fingers crossed for a blockbuster premiere for some more Flagmakers flags.

It always amazes me when companies cannot do a simple spell check or proof-read before publishing.
Regards
Chas
IAAH Fellow

JMcMillan

Re: "My Best Friend's Wedding" Flags

Postby JMcMillan » 09 Sep 2015, 14:26

Chris Green wrote:I simply cannot bring myself to undertake a criticism of the flags one by one. Suffice it to say that to use the word "heraldic" to describe them is an affront to our art and science.

What, you don't think that fimbriation covers all heraldic sins? ;)
Joseph McMillan
Alexandra, Virginia, USA

Return to “Flying Heraldry”