BAUER / BAUR Heraldry and Genealogy: A Geographical Perspective
Released by Family Roots Publishing, in 2019, this unique book is the fourth in a series exploring the heraldry and genealogy of common German surnames with a focus on the English-speaking family historian who seeks another fresh approach to their research. This is not another book about how to trace your German ancestors or a reprint of readily available information from old sources. Most family historians will concede that the research process begins to become more tedious when we attempt to deal with European historical locations and records written in a foreign language. Armed with this book, you will start to overcome barriers of language and shifting state boundaries. Learn how the following components can enhance the story of your Hoffmann ancestors. Included in this particular volume are:
• Over 2,500 historical and modern geographical locales of the Holy Roman, German and Austrian Empires, as well as Switzerland;
• Synopses of 30 current and past political states and regions; with links to a catalog of genealogical records by FamilySearch;
• Colorful plates of 44 coats-of-arms along with genealogical and geographical information on 150 BAUER,PAUER, AGRICOLA and BOER, families.
• A Glossary of Heraldic Symbolism with over 400 interpretive definitions.
See a full description of this book at:
https://www.familyrootspublishing.com/s ... hp?id=3606
Heraldry of the German speaking countries
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Frederick Siler
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 00:17
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest