International Heraldry Day 2016

General Heraldry subjects
Kathy McClurg

International Heraldry Day 2016

Postby Kathy McClurg » 10 Jan 2016, 12:53

This post just went out on social media:

The Fourth Annual International Heraldry Day - 5 months and counting!
For our first "monthly reminder" post - we would like to again thank social media and admins for helping us get the word out!
Second, we would like to acknowledge the man who started the movement - Tomasz Steifer, who sadly passed on last year. His enthusiasm for heraldry was infectious and he gave of his time generously while promoting the art and science of heraldry.
International Heraldry Day (IHD) focuses one day each year when heraldry in all its forms is celebrated worldwide. Regardless of jurisdiction, geographic area, customs, favored styles and favored period, the community focuses on wider joys of heraldry. The goal of the organizers is that eventually all heraldry enthusiasts will acknowledge the event in the years to come.

We appreciate the continued support of the IAAH wen celebrating International Heraldry Day.
Be well,
Kathy

Chris Green

Re: International Heraldry Day 2016

Postby Chris Green » 10 Jan 2016, 14:27

Thank you Kathy. Slowly - very slowly - the momentum is building. It is such a pity that the heraldic establishment has largely taken the "not invented here" attitude. But perhaps that will change.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 12 Jan 2016, 12:45

Agree, Chris.

I'd love to get news of more "supporters" of the event. I had some sketchy responses from other than social media and have heard of some good traction in Canada. The event did get mentioned on social media by both the Lyon Court and Canadian Heraldic Authority last year.
Be well,
Kathy

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 16 Mar 2016, 04:16

This just went out on social media (graphics not included here-but are available via e-mail or links below to everyone):

CELEBRATE HERALDRY
INTERNATIONAL HERALDRY DAY
June 10th
Graphics and Registrations are available to show your support! The Graphics on the right are free. Our best resolutions are available via e-mail from celebrateheraldry@gmail.com for the asking. Included are our arms, banner graphic, both badges and flag graphic. The Contributing artists are from Brazil, Poland, Serbia and the USA! These are FREE for the asking!

Registrations of our arms and badges can be purchased from The Armorial Register – International Register of Arms: http://armorial-register.com/certificat ... ation.html
Request the certificate for International Heraldry Day.
OR The United States Heraldic Register (Scroll down to certificate with your artwork and ask for the arms of International Heraldry Day): http://usheraldicregistry.com/index.php?n=Main.Services
And from Alexander Liptak, araldica. The drawing is shown to the dexter and a framed print makes an impressive display as shown to the sinister. Prints can be ordered from: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/aral ... iptak.html

So, grab some artwork and show your support this year for International Heraldry Day!
Be well,
Kathy

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 16 Mar 2016, 04:33

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I could use some assistance with International Heraldry Day Promotion/contacts/possible participants.

I would very much like to get a better understanding and list of heraldic organizations worldwide - particularly those that may be localized and not on social media. Societies, Organizations, etc. In order to develop a more comprehensive "mailing list" to contact people (particularly those who may not be in social media. I would like as much of the following information for each and as many organizations as you can think of/acquire e-mailed to celebrateheraldry@gmail.com.

Organization Name, Point of Contact Name, Point of Contact e-mail, Organization Mailing Address (when available), Web page (if available), Forum location (if available), Primary Language.

Please do not assume I already have an organization - this is a brain-storming session! :D

Thank you in advance,
Be well,
Kathy

Edward Hillenbrand

Postby Edward Hillenbrand » 02 Apr 2016, 00:34

Question: do we want to push this with the SCA or not?
Ed Hillenbrand

"Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori"

Armorial Register - International Register of Arm

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 10 Jun 2016, 14:17

Yes, I have included the SCA in International Heraldry Day - they are heraldic enthusiasts.

I also include micronations, etc.

It's about heraldry - no matter where it originates or traditions, rules that brand follows.

And, Happy International Heraldry Day!
Be well,
Kathy

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 10 Jun 2016, 14:26

Thank you Kathy.

Happy International Heraldry Day to everyone! :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :| :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Return to “General Heraldry”