American Heraldry Society

General Heraldry subjects
Cameron Campbell

American Heraldry Society

Postby Cameron Campbell » 06 Sep 2016, 08:56

To all it may concern;
You folks are probably aware that the AHS is migrating to new forum software. You are probably aware that it hasn't been going well, or at least not quickly. About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed that the domain "americanheraldry.org" has returned to GoDaddy (the domain registrar). This means that the domain name is available for purchase. It also means that I have no way to contact Mr. McMillan (last known president of the AHS), since I will not join Facebook. If anyone here at IAAH knows how to contact Mr. McMillan, or any officer of the AHS, would you please tell them that the domain name needs to be renewed if they expect to use that domain in the future. You might also want to ask them "what's going on with the migration?"

Thank you for any and all help in this matter.

S. Cameron Campbell

Chris Green

Re: American Heraldry Society

Postby Chris Green » 06 Sep 2016, 09:46

You can send him a PM here (JMcMillan). He looks in most days.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Mark Henderson

Postby Mark Henderson » 06 Sep 2016, 12:41

I recently exchanged messages with Jeremy Keith Hammond, and he indicated the migration of data from the old forum to the new forum hopefully will be complete around September 9, 2016. Like you, I hope the AHS retains the domain.
Regards,

Mark Anthony Henderson
IAAH Fellow : Former Design Assistance Request Team Artist

JMcMillan

Postby JMcMillan » 06 Sep 2016, 13:45

Jeremy tells me that we actually have the rights to "americanheraldry.org" for a number of months yet. It's unfortunate that Godaddy.com is redirecting visitors in a way that implies otherwise, but apparently clicking the links on the advertisement doesn't actually lead to an option for anyone to purchase our domain name.
Joseph McMillan
Alexandra, Virginia, USA

Michael F. McCartney

Postby Michael F. McCartney » 06 Sep 2016, 22:00

Thanks for the update - looking forward to it!
Michael F. McCartney
Fremont, California

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 28 Oct 2016, 08:21

The AHS website is up... or at least it is viewable.
Mr. McMillan, I tried to log in with my username and password from the old forum and the site would not let me. What do we have to do, re-register and lose our old posts? (not that I have all that many!)

Arthur Radburn

Postby Arthur Radburn » 28 Oct 2016, 10:13

Cameron Campbell wrote:I tried to log in with my username and password from the old forum and the site would not let me.
Same problem/teething troubles here.
Regards
Arthur Radburn

GSelvester

Postby GSelvester » 28 Oct 2016, 17:45

The newly revamped website of the American Heraldry Society is at last back online at https://www.americanheraldry.org

The members' forum will still be unavailable for a few days until all the bugs are worked out of the system but the website itself, in a newer style, has returned with all of the previous information available there intact.

JMcMillan

Postby JMcMillan » 30 Oct 2016, 18:37

Cameron Campbell wrote:The AHS website is up... or at least it is viewable.
Mr. McMillan, I tried to log in with my username and password from the old forum and the site would not let me. What do we have to do, re-register and lose our old posts? (not that I have all that many!)

The specific issue holding up the return of the forum is the manual sorting through of AHS members (paid dues) from registered users who are not AHS members. Once that's done, I expect the IT team will put out word on any changes to procedures. Your previous posts should be saved; the main reason the whole process took so long was to ensure preservation of the forum archives, unlike what happened when the HSS did a similar update of their website not long ago.
Joseph McMillan
Alexandra, Virginia, USA

MenkAndemicael

Postby MenkAndemicael » 04 Aug 2017, 03:50

The forum seems down again. Whilst it was up I noticed images were not working.
Any updates on what's happening? Where are members currently posting (aside from here?)

Return to “General Heraldry”