The 1st European Conference On Heraldry And Vexillology

General Heraldry subjects
Tomasz Steifer

The 1st European Conference On Heraldry And Vexillology

Postby Tomasz Steifer » 01 Oct 2012, 19:35

As many of you know, in the last days of September was held in Cieszyn, on the campus of the University of Silesia, The 1st European Conference
On Heraldry And Vexillology

The conference was the brainchild of Mr. Alfred Znamierowski, polish heraldist and vexillologist, founder of Heraldry and Vexillology Institute , and was organized by this Institute. Was devoted primarily to the actions of local heraldry and weksylologii. Participants were over 40, from all over the world, mainly from Europe. Especially numerous were heraldists and vexillologists of the former Eastern Bloc countries: Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Macedonia, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine and Poland. Full list of participants can be found at: http://www.konferencjaheraldyczna.ugu.pl/uczestnicy.php

On the part of the my Polish Community Heraldic attended the chairman, Mr. Norbert Wacławczyk and Secretary of the Board, Mr. Paul Towpik and my.

The exhibition presented in the conference room design coats of arms and flags of towns and unit of administrative division, mainly Polish, and on tables around the room various heraldic art work, embroidered banners, graphics and f traditional and electronic publishing presented by participants.

Were several lectures, and in my opinion, most of it was interesting and some very interesting. Particularly interesting were the representatives of Belarus papers (Mrs. Marina Jelinskaja) and Lithuania (Mrs. Agne Railaite) and the representative of Ukraine (Andriy Grechylo), showing that, despite decades of Soviet rule, and ruling typicat to this system "heraldry", now revives national heraldry in these countries, according to the best tradition revived classical European heraldry. Very interesting were the presentations by Rev. Fr. Paweł Dudziński, chairman of the Heraldic Comission in Polish Ministry of Interior and Administration , depicting with brutal honesty the horrors in our local heraldry and the problems with work this Comission. Lecture by organizer of the conference, Mr. Znamierowski, presented in an interesting, richly illustrated the diversity of use local coats of arms from the commonly known stamps, coins, documents, to municipal garbage and public toilet ending :).

My colleague from the Polish Heraldic Community " Nova Heroldia" gave a presentation on particular problems associated with the lack of codification Polish blazoning language.

It is worth noting that in such an international group, the people often completely unknown, or known only from the Internet, quickly prevailed very cordial and informal atmosphere. Although the local government heraldry lies on the edge of my interest in heraldry, I am glad to participate in this event, and I think it was worth it to go to the other end of the Polish

Unfortunately I do not have too many pictures, my camera got angry as the day before, I hope become photos from friends - just participants expect. The fastest provided me with photos by Kamil Wójcikowski, one of the editors of the Polish Wikipedia, specializing on its pages, of course, in heraldry, as well as author of many good projects, local coats of arms.
Two of the photos I present:
General view of the conference hall, the interval between meetings.
Mr. Jovan Jonovski - Heraldist, President of the Makedonsko Heraldičko Združenie (Macedonian Heraldry Society), Macedonia, between Kamil Wójcikowski - Heraldic artist and Wikipedia Redakteur, Poland n(left) and my, Tomasz Steifer (right)
regards

Tomasz Steifer
IAAH Fellow

Chris Green

Re: The 1st European Conference On Heraldry And Vexillolog

Postby Chris Green » 01 Oct 2012, 20:59

Thank you for sharing this with us Tomasz. It is good that heraldry, once used to distinguish friend from foe, now brings together people of different nationalities. It is nice to know that the heraldry of the re-born lands is flourishing.

PS: It's a shame your camera got angry (I try to imagine it jumping up and down with rage!).
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Tomasz Steifer

Re: The 1st European Conference On Heraldry And Vexillolog

Postby Tomasz Steifer » 01 Oct 2012, 22:26

Chris Green wrote:... It's a shame your camera got angry (I try to imagine it jumping up and down with rage!).
That's right :D

I became some fotos by from conference from my friends.
Contemporary Lithuanian civic heraldry

Belorussian heraldry

Horror of wrongful "heraldry" in Poland

and some wrong polish civic arms with their new versions with heraldic correction
regards

Tomasz Steifer
IAAH Fellow

Return to “General Heraldry”