International Heraldry Day

General Heraldry subjects
Jeremy Keith Hammond

Re: International Heraldry Day

Postby Jeremy Keith Hammond » 13 Jun 2013, 22:56

John Jones wrote:Thank you Jeremy. Interesting designs.
Only curious but any reason for the green surcoat on the new badge? The animal could do with some features.

You'd have to ask the artist regarding the green. As for the simplistic lion, Alexander did reveal that the whole design was intentionally simplistic so that it might appeal to a wider, and less in-the-know, audience. Which I appreciate, as I feel the day of celebration is a great outlet for education and awareness of heraldry.
Jeremy Keith Hammond, IAAH Fellow
Member since 2007

My website

Ryan Shuflin

Postby Ryan Shuflin » 14 Jun 2013, 00:44

It is sort of neogothic, I think. It could be from a old manuscript if it didn't have the shading it does. I like it. Did you notice the vair?

Jeremy Keith Hammond

Postby Jeremy Keith Hammond » 18 Jun 2013, 18:19

Call for volunteers!

As I wrote in a previous comment, I don't really want to "own" Heraldry Day. I'm interested in forming a small committee to oversee day of celebration promotions as in my previous outline.

If you are interested in participating in the coordination, please email me at jeremy.k.hammond@gmail.com.

As a committee we'll draft communications to heraldic bodies, promoting the adoption of the day of celebration; establish parameters for next year's badge contest, and; discuss other ways of promoting Heraldry Day.

In addition to volunteer committee members, I'd like to openly solicit ideas for entertaining heraldry memes such as this one I devised in preparation of Heraldry Day. I'm primarily looking for amusing ways to educate people on bucket shops - but anything funny related to heraldry is welcome.

Jeremy Keith Hammond, IAAH Fellow
Member since 2007

My website

Return to “General Heraldry”