International Heraldry Day 2014

General Heraldry subjects
Kathy McClurg

Re: International Heraldry Day 2014

Postby Kathy McClurg » 01 Jun 2014, 14:39

HI Folks!

One more thing.. then I shall be silent for a bit... maybe ..

I would much appreciate feedback on personal celebrations and activities folks engaged in for International Heraldry Day. I'm thinking quite seriously of writing a recap, with pictures, and submitting it to every ONE of the organizations for inclusion in their publications, web pages, etc.. Do I expect much traction THIS year, NO... but.. If we can get a few knowing that people did do some things.. and it's coming back next year... well -- I'm willing to put something together to.. "start" things going for next year...

<grin>
Be well,
Kathy

Ryan Shuflin

Postby Ryan Shuflin » 01 Jun 2014, 17:18

I noticed the twitter said to post pictures as @heraldryday, but shouldn't there be a hashtag?

Jeremy Kudlick

Postby Jeremy Kudlick » 02 Jun 2014, 11:29

Ryan Shuflin wrote:I noticed the twitter said to post pictures as @heraldryday, but shouldn't there be a hashtag?

There is an actual account for International Heraldry Day registered as @HeraldryDay. However, I think using the hashtag #HeraldryDay should also be encouraged.

Here's a note for all of us who are Twitter users - if you start a user's account name with a "." (such as ".@HeraldryDay"), then all followers of that user will see the post in their feed.

Kathy - what's your Waymarking username? I want to be sure you get credit for the referral.
Jeremy Kudlick
IAAH Associate Fellow
Semper Patriam Servire Praesto

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 03 Jun 2014, 09:55

My Waymarking username is DragonAzure.

I'm not a twitter user. I think Jeremy Keith Hammond started the twitter account and a web page last year. The Web Page is inactive (nothing there), I'm unsure if the twitter account is active.

Either way, I can take pictures here or on Facebook.

Perhaps by next year we can get the web site and twitter account more active.
Be well,
Kathy

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 10 Jun 2014, 06:10

Here's all of us wishing you a very happy International Heraldry Day!

:mrgreen: :D :roll: :) :| ;) :( :geek: :o :ugeek: :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :P :oops:

Let us know if you do anything special, or come across others who do.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 11 Jun 2014, 01:18

Happy International Heraldry Day. The response in the world of face book was quite positively surprising. Many people unknown to me posted greetings and pictures they'd made and collages of emblazons they'd commissioned. More than one did an outing over this past weekend or today. Some wore heraldry...

I intend to gather a bit of the stories around the globe and put out a kind of "recap" on this year's efforts. There are some already planning for next year with the idea of holding a symposium in the Netherlands and providing WebEx or YouTube access. Relatively low key, but something accessible for everyone... We've decided to start discussing options and what would be needed next month.

I'll report back here after I've had a bit of a break...

I really would appreciate any vignettes of activities today within this group.
Be well,
Kathy

Return to “General Heraldry”