New Heraldry and Genealogy Reference Library (website)

General Heraldry subjects
Frederick Siler

New Heraldry and Genealogy Reference Library (website)

Postby Frederick Siler » 20 Sep 2014, 19:49

I have just completed the development of a Pan-European Heraldry and Genealogy Reference Library. The following is a brief description of the site entitled Heraldry and Genealogy: Our Reference Library

This website is aimed at the family historian who seeks to add more depth and context to their research through the examination of the heraldry associated with their ancestral surnames. Our extensive library of links to books and websites includes information about heraldry and associated family histories in over 25 countries and historical regions of Europe. Separate web-pages have been designed to address the bearers of coats-of-arms in the following places: Austria, Baltic States, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Great Britain, Holy Roman Empire, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Scandinavia, and Switzerland. In addition, part of the website focuses upon strategies and resources for translating and understanding foreign language text and specialized heraldic terms.

This website is located at http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tqpeiffer/ . I encourage other members to review it and provide feed back. If accepted I would like to maintain the aforementioned link within the the IAAH Library page and within THE IAAH - LINKS TO OTHER SITES OF HERALDIC INTEREST

Chris Green

Re: New Heraldry and Genealogy Reference Library (website)

Postby Chris Green » 20 Sep 2014, 21:40

For some reason Frederick's url did not work. Here is a successful link:

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tqpeiffer/

I haven't had time to examine your labours in detail yet. But thank you for sharing them with us Frederick.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 13 Oct 2014, 04:21

I haven't looked around in great detail, but I've posted the link to the International Heraldry Society's facebook page in case their membership would also look around and provide feedback via the links on the page.
Be well,
Kathy

Frederick Siler

Postby Frederick Siler » 27 Oct 2014, 13:35

Kathy;
Thanks for looking at my " Heraldr and Genealogy" website. Any other comments and or recommendation will be most welcome.
Fred

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 28 Oct 2014, 10:43

Chris Green wrote:For some reason Frederick's url did not work.

For future reference, the reason the link didn't work was because the code enabling BOLD had been placed within the code enabling the link. I have now edited the first post and placed the code enabling BOLD either side (as opposed to within) the code enabling the link - hey presto it now works.

Technical interlude now over.
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Frederick Siler

Postby Frederick Siler » 29 Mar 2015, 15:29

Thanks Martin. I just tried the link and it work perfectly especially with Internet Explorer. I've seen your work online and have included a link to it.
Fred

Return to “General Heraldry”