8%
4. Azure with Argent Oak, Or Shields and Gules Ties
58%

Total votes: 12

Kathy McClurg

IHD Shield. Badge Options for vote!

Postby Kathy McClurg » 07 Apr 2015, 11:53

Apologize for size here:
The International Heraldry Day has designed and will soon be announcing the adoption of a shield (Emblazoned as a contribution by Danilo Martins, Brazil)

We are also adopting a badge designed by Tomasz Steiffer. However, Haven't decided on colors. I'd like to give the IAAH the opportunity to vote on the colors. So, Voting ends 3 days from this posting.

Be well,
Kathy

Chris Green

Re: IHD Shield. Badge Options for vote!

Postby Chris Green » 07 Apr 2015, 17:32

Could we perhaps persuade Tomasz to render the date differently? I realise it is impossible to please everyone with dates, but Juni is not that common. Perhaps the best bet would be to offer the badge with a variety of date forms:

10 June 1128 / 10 Juin 1128 / 10/6/1128 / 6/10/1128 / 1128/06/10 etc.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 07 Apr 2015, 21:24

Chris Green wrote:Could we perhaps persuade Tomasz to render the date differently? I realise it is impossible to please everyone with dates, but Juni is not that common. Perhaps the best bet would be to offer the badge with a variety of date forms:

Actually, I like the uniqueness of the date... Of course.. given blazons when someone else wants to emblazon the final blazon and donate it.. perhaps we will see a slight difference...

And - Nope. One "official" version of the badge for blazoning. Of course - Minor variations.. perhaps.. but the "official" we shall deal with first.. ;)
Be well,
Kathy

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 07 Apr 2015, 22:23

Requested as an option:
If we get a bit of support for this as an option, you'll have to throw your vote in a comment here..

Be well,
Kathy

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 08 Apr 2015, 09:22

Kathy McClurg wrote:
Chris Green wrote:Could we perhaps persuade Tomasz to render the date differently? I realise it is impossible to please everyone with dates, but Juni is not that common. Perhaps the best bet would be to offer the badge with a variety of date forms:

Actually, I like the uniqueness of the date... Of course.. given blazons when someone else wants to emblazon the final blazon and donate it.. perhaps we will see a slight difference...

And - Nope. One "official" version of the badge for blazoning. Of course - Minor variations.. perhaps.. but the "official" we shall deal with first.. ;)

Since you seem to be in that mode... why don't you decide???

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 08 Apr 2015, 09:29

Pardon the ignorance, why 1128?

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 08 Apr 2015, 10:04

... why 1128?

I reproduce Tomasz Steifer's original proposal:

Polish Heraldic Community , in the persons of the representatives of the Board, Tomasz Steifer, Vice-President of PHC and Pawel S. Towpik, Secretary of the Board, proposes to create a new tradition - the International Day of heraldry. This was to a great, over political, international opportunity for meetings, conferences and taken away heraldic organization, heralds and heraldist of different countries and continents, to the posting of flags, especially heraldic, dress in heraldic tunics and tabards, etc.
We propose that this international day of heraldry at 10 June. On that day, in the year 1128, in Rouen was knighted, by his future father in law, Henry I Beauclerc, Godfrey Plantagenet. Suspended during the ceremony on the neck of a young knight shield blue decorated six golden lions, is recognized by most of the heralds, for the first time in history, fully formed coat of arms.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 08 Apr 2015, 10:25

Cameron Campbell wrote:
Kathy McClurg wrote:

Since you seem to be in that mode... why don't you decide???

This has been "filtered" down through several layers of people working International Heraldry Day already. I didn't come up with the options in a vacuum and thought the membership would like some input at this stage. Additionally, Thomasz and several other artists have donated their efforts to this event for a number of years and I have no desire to over use their good nature nor have so many optional badges out there that they become hard to track. We can't please everyone. There are several people here and a number in social media who are putting many hours of their time into institutionalizing IHD. Because it started here, we thought it appropriate to provide some level of input (no other group is getting the vote). But, as stated - where we are now was not done in a vacuum, nor am I willing to run any artist donating his time through a lot of permutations...
Be well,
Kathy

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 08 Apr 2015, 11:30

Chris Green wrote:
... why 1128?

I reproduce Tomasz Steifer's original proposal:

Polish Heraldic Community , in the persons of the representatives of the Board, Tomasz Steifer, Vice-President of PHC and Pawel S. Towpik, Secretary of the Board, proposes to create a new tradition - the International Day of heraldry. This was to a great, over political, international opportunity for meetings, conferences and taken away heraldic organization, heralds and heraldist of different countries and continents, to the posting of flags, especially heraldic, dress in heraldic tunics and tabards, etc.
We propose that this international day of heraldry at 10 June. On that day, in the year 1128, in Rouen was knighted, by his future father in law, Henry I Beauclerc, Godfrey Plantagenet. Suspended during the ceremony on the neck of a young knight shield blue decorated six golden lions, is recognized by most of the heralds, for the first time in history, fully formed coat of arms.

Thank you. I suspected it was perhaps a tournament or other gathering of warriors, but didn't know.

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 08 Apr 2015, 15:34

I'd like to make a minor comment here.. before things close out tomorrow... because it just dawned on me.

An additional alternative is not to blazon the bows or method of suspension of the shields from the tree at all and allow future artists to do that by artistic license.. they may choose straps, other colored bows, no color of the bows, etc.

It's merely a thought, I set this up so folks could change their minds -- if anyone wishes to do so, I will not blazon the specific "suspension" method in the final emblazon..

Otherwise if we wish to proscribe red.. go for it!
Be well,
Kathy

Return to “General Heraldry”