Garczewski - heraldic exlibris

The depictions of coats of arms
Lucas Garczewski

Garczewski - heraldic exlibris

Postby Lucas Garczewski » 22 Jun 2014, 13:12

Dear members,

here's an exlibris made & designed for me (with tiny help from myself) by Tudor-Radu Tiron.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 724&type=1

Since the description is in Polish, here's an English version:

The design is based on a common medieval chivalric seal design. The knight bears a shield of my arms, and the caprison bears my badge (sun in splendor per pale Azure & Gules, charged with a lion's head to the sinister couped Argent).

The thorny branch is a pun on the name of the city of my birth, Toruń, the German (Teutonic) name for which is "Thorn".

The small compartments along the rim of the seal contain the badge of the White Lion Society and the arms of the IAAH (both bottom), as well as my badge and the initials of my motto (both top), a key and a sword (taken from the arms of Poznań, where I live) and a satyr (faun) being symbolizing my disability (cerebral palsy).

The points of the compartments are tipped with cranberry leaves and fruit, a nod to my work at the Polish Association for the Support of Children and Youth with Cerebral Palsy (which is informally known "Żurawinka" or "Little Cranberry" due to our facilities being at Cranberry Street in Poznan).

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, Tudor did a really wonderful job.

Chris Green

Re: Garczewski - heraldic exlibris

Postby Chris Green » 23 Jun 2014, 06:44

A most impressive piece of work, reminiscent of medieval seals. The heraldic references to your various interests are very subtle, not "in yer face". Thank you for sharing this with us.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Ton de Witte

Re: Garczewski - heraldic exlibris

Postby Ton de Witte » 23 Jun 2014, 08:32

very nice piece
Ton de Witte
IAAH secretary

Return to “Heraldic Art”