Heraldry of Poland
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 950
- Joined: 13 Jul 2012, 08:52
- Location: Sweden
The Arms of the District of Mysliborz, this was in 1929 (28 October) granted to the then District of Soldin in Germany. Which following the moving of the Polish Borders westward after World War II become the Polish District of Mysliborski. The old Arms was however to be in continued use. The Cross symbolises the Knights Templars which in 1232 was granted lands in the Area. But it looks more like a Maltese Cross then a Templar one. The Waves symbolises the Lakes and Steams in the Area. Their number symbolises the five Municipalities of the District (former German Names in brackets): Barlinek (Berlinchen), Boleszkowice (Fürstenfelde in der Neumark), Debno (Neudamm), Mysliborz (Soldin) and Nowogrodek Pomorski (Neuenburg). The Fish symbolises the Fishing Villages of the District. It is also an old symbol of Christianity.
Seal of the Dristrict of Soldin, 1929.
- Chris Green
- Posts: 2570
- Joined: 10 Jul 2012, 13:06
- Location: Karlstad, Sweden
The old Arms was however to be in continued use. The Cross symbolises the Knights Templars which in 1232 was granted lands in the Area. But it looks more like a Maltese Cross then a Templar one.
The red cross on a white surcoat or mantle was certainly the best-known charge associated with the Knights Templar, though as to whether the cross was always of the same pattern seems unlikely. The cross associated with the arms of Soldin is not a typical Maltese cross, which usually looks like this:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest