District of Mysliborski
Posted: 14 Aug 2017, 10:44
The Arms of the District of Mysliborz, this was in 1929 (28 October) granted to the then District of Soldin in Germany. Which following the moving of the Polish Borders westward after World War II become the Polish District of Mysliborski. The old Arms was however to be in continued use. The Cross symbolises the Knights Templars which in 1232 was granted lands in the Area. But it looks more like a Maltese Cross then a Templar one. The Waves symbolises the Lakes and Steams in the Area. Their number symbolises the five Municipalities of the District (former German Names in brackets): Barlinek (Berlinchen), Boleszkowice (Fürstenfelde in der Neumark), Debno (Neudamm), Mysliborz (Soldin) and Nowogrodek Pomorski (Neuenburg). The Fish symbolises the Fishing Villages of the District. It is also an old symbol of Christianity.
Seal of the Dristrict of Soldin, 1929.