British Heraldry Reference Library

General heraldry discussion forums covering all nations of the world.
Frederick Siler

British Heraldry Reference Library

Postby Frederick Siler » 21 Sep 2014, 00:02

I am currently developing a library of Heraldry that references matters that apply to Great Britain and the United Kingdom. This library maintains sections on The British Commonwealth; Channel Islands; England; Cornwall; Ireland; Isle of Man; Scotland; and Wales IAAH members can access it at:
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tqpeiffer/Documents/BRITISH%20HERALDRY/BRITISH%20H&G%20Reference%20Library.htm
All IAAH members should feel free to contribute any links that they believe appropriate for this library. My email address is:
silrem@comcast.net
Fred

Chris Green

Re: British Heraldry Reference Library

Postby Chris Green » 21 Sep 2014, 06:53

A great deal of interesting material brought together here. I imagine Frederick's coat of arms to feature a sheep-dog, tirelessly rounding up the elusive flock and gathering it all in safety in the fold.

We must be careful to remember that Frederick has brought all these sites together but is not responsible for the accuracy of their contents. I note for example that in the Armorial of the Order of the Garter site the founder knight Sir Hugh de Courtenay is described as Earl of Devon. He wasn't. He died during the first few weeks of the Black Death at the age of only 21. His father the Earl lived on for many years. If you find errors like this please don't tell Frederick, contact the owner of the relevant site.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Return to “Heraldry”