No Deal! No No No!

The discussion board for all things concerning heraldry which falls under the jurisdiction of The College of Arms
Ryan Shuflin

Re: No Deal! No No No!

Postby Ryan Shuflin » 28 Apr 2013, 20:47

Chris Green wrote:I trust that the Council will be told that they may not usurp the arms of the Cinque Ports but must difference them. I imagine that the female councillor who was so angry about the previous rebuff will then become incandescent and the French will think there is a new lighthouse on the English coast.

It never fails to amaze me that councillors around the country can cavil over spending £10,000 on a grant of arms but have no problem spending three or four times that on "graphic designers" to come up with a logo. Part of the problem is that the College of Arms does not market itself well. They actually have over 500 years of experience of heraldic design and do it very well (OK I am sure everyone can produce examples of work that is less than brilliant).

It would be interesting to compare the cost of the College's services with that of various graphic design agencies. Or maybe the College should hire its own PR firm? hmmm.

Return to “College of Arms”