Heraldry for Self-Isolationists

Scottish Heraldry
Arthur Radburn

Heraldry for Self-Isolationists

Postby Arthur Radburn » 03 Apr 2020, 10:08

Lyon Court is currently running an online programme called 'Heraldry for Self-Isolationists', which consists of an introduction to heraldry. It's very elementary, and seems to be aimed at keeping children entertained during lockdown, but it may be interesting to others too.

So far, there have been four daily "lessons", which can be downloaded from Lyon Court's twitter page. Today there is a quiz based on the first four "lessons".

Lyon Court has also posted links to some online videos, which may be of interest.
Regards
Arthur Radburn

Michael F. McCartney

Re: Heraldry for Self-Isolationists

Postby Michael F. McCartney » 03 Apr 2020, 19:35

Thanks!!!
Michael F. McCartney
Fremont, California

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Re: Heraldry for Self-Isolationists

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 04 Apr 2020, 13:08

I am keeping myself occupied by finally starting on a long overdue revamp of the Cheshire Heraldry website which mainly consists of watermarking all of the many images in an attempt to prevent my images being used by others without permission (yes, sadly it happens and I've had my images used in powerpoint lectures and various heraldry journals without my permission). The other day, I reached the letter "C" of the vale Royal section and lo and behold, the arms of Corona!

corona.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Return to “Court of the Lord Lyon”