Email requirements

General Heraldry subjects
Cameron Campbell

Email requirements

Postby Cameron Campbell » 07 Jun 2020, 20:02

The current email I have registered here is actually my wife's. Her name is on the cable company account. It ends in "charter.net". Charter Spectrum allows sub-user email accounts, so I decided to create an email account so I don't have to check her account periodically. The account I was given ends in this manner, "cfl.rr.com". Since it ends in ".com", I would like to get permission from the Admins here to make this my email here at IAAH. Even though it ends in ".com", it IS a corporate-based account, and not web-based.

The reason I am asking this is that I don't know if the discussion board software automatically rejects accounts that end in ".com". Just trying to streamline the process. Thanks!

Michael F. McCartney

Re: Email requirements

Postby Michael F. McCartney » 08 Jun 2020, 19:07

My personal email address (with Compuserve, now owned by AOL but retaining the old email address) has ended in cs.com (dot.com) for decades, and have never had a problem here or elsewhere.
Michael F. McCartney
Fremont, California

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Re: Email requirements

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 09 Jun 2020, 13:13

Cameron Campbell wrote:The current email I have registered here is actually my wife's. Her name is on the cable company account. It ends in "charter.net". Charter Spectrum allows sub-user email accounts, so I decided to create an email account so I don't have to check her account periodically. The account I was given ends in this manner, "cfl.rr.com". Since it ends in ".com", I would like to get permission from the Admins here to make this my email here at IAAH. Even though it ends in ".com", it IS a corporate-based account, and not web-based.

The reason I am asking this is that I don't know if the discussion board software automatically rejects accounts that end in ".com". Just trying to streamline the process. Thanks!

You shouldn't have any difficulty changing your email address to the new one.
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Return to “General Heraldry”