New Section(s)

General Heraldry subjects
Iain Boyd

New Section(s)

Postby Iain Boyd » 17 Jul 2012, 22:36

Dear Martin,

May I suggest that you add a new section for non-heraldic topics such as this one.

Also, another section that should be added is for topics relating to the Association and membership.

I was away when the new forum was created and missed any announcements that might have been made, so, have to ask whether the postings from the old forum are still available (and, if so, where/how) or whether they will eventually made available for perusal - even if read only?

There is much valuable information that it would be shame to loose it altogether.

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Jeremy Kudlick

Re: New Section(s)

Postby Jeremy Kudlick » 17 Jul 2012, 22:43

Welcome back. Until you are placed in the appropriate group (which you can request through your profile in the Usergroups tab), you can't see the members area where your questions have been answered.

Unfortunately, everything is gone. It may be possible that the Wayback Machine at archive.org might be able to show the past versions, but I haven't tried to check yet.

Also in the members area is a thread in which we can request new sections.
Jeremy Kudlick
IAAH Associate Fellow
Semper Patriam Servire Praesto

Iain Boyd

Postby Iain Boyd » 18 Jul 2012, 04:07

Thank you, Jeremy.

A pity about the postings to the former forum, though.

Not being a member of the Association, could you advise me what I might be missing by not being a member.

(For instance, The American Heraldry Society, in my opinion, penalises non-members by not allowing them to comment on the design of new coats of arms.)

Regards,

Iain Boyd

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 18 Jul 2012, 08:22

Iain Boyd wrote:Dear Martin,

May I suggest that you add a new section for non-heraldic topics such as this one.

I'm not quite sure why we would want a section devoted to talking about non heraldic topics, it is after all a heraldry forum.

Iain Boyd wrote:
Also, another section that should be added is for topics relating to the Association and membership.

The Members Lounge is there for discussing Association and Membership matters.

Iain Boyd wrote:
I was away when the new forum was created and missed any announcements that might have been made, so, have to ask whether the postings from the old forum are still available (and, if so, where/how) or whether they will eventually made available for perusal - even if read only?

There is much valuable information that it would be shame to loose it altogether.

All has been lost and the old database backup is not compatible with this forum. Blame the hackers and take this as the ideal opportunity to chew over the fat once more. Think positive and don't let the hackers think they won.
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 18 Jul 2012, 10:03

Iain Boyd wrote:Not being a member of the Association, could you advise me what I might be missing by not being a member.

What you're missing is being treated with respect. What's it like being talked to like you're a bastard stepchild? AHEM!?! Excuse me, I meant non-member.

Cameron Campbell

Postby Cameron Campbell » 18 Jul 2012, 10:11

Martin Goldstraw wrote:Think positive and don't let the hackers think they won.

You're kidding, right? Without a backup I'm not quite sure how you could otherwise describe this back-to-square-one "victory".

Martin Goldstraw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Goldstraw » 18 Jul 2012, 10:28

Do you think the hackers care either way? Their purpose was to infect the computers of users of this forum. They didn't succeed but they don't care what damage they did or didn't do.

Since this topic started as a request to add new sections to this forum and there is a specific thread in the Members area for that topic, I shall now lock this thread and archive it in a few days.
Martin Goldstraw
Cheshire Heraldry
http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk

Return to “General Heraldry”