International Heraldry Day 2014

General Heraldry subjects
Michael Grace

Re: International Heraldry Day 2014

Postby Michael Grace » 17 Apr 2014, 00:51

Chris, did you contact the Heraldry Society of New Zealand? If not, as a member, I would be happy to pass it on.

As an aside, the future King of New Zealand has just departed our shores after a 10 day visit.

Cheers
Michael

Grasagh aboe

Michael Grace

Postby Michael Grace » 17 Apr 2014, 01:15

Chris Green wrote:
Ryan Shuflin wrote:I have this idea to contact museums and castles etc. that have pieces of heraldic art and encourage them to use the day for promotion. Additionally, I would like to encourage members to get involved locally. Historic societies, libraries and schools all may be willing to host a talk on heraldry.

Excellent idea. It would be helpful if members could post the details of any museums or castles they know of that have particularly good heraldic exhibits.

I can immediately think of Stirling Castle in Scotland.

http://www.stirlingcastle.gov.uk/home/experience/palaceproject/palacedecoration.htm

though the easily irritated may wish to avoid clicking on "Create your own dynasty coat of arms"!

Wow - it seems like this app has managed to so accurately capture and portray my family name........."Swordsman & Heartbreaker".......You were right Chris!
Michael

Grasagh aboe

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 17 Apr 2014, 06:49

Chris, did you contact the Heraldry Society of New Zealand? If not, as a member, I would be happy to pass it on.

No, for some reason the NZHS wasn't in the list of heraldic associations I found (on the website of another heraldry society). I wrote snail-mail to NZ Herald Extraordinary O'Shea but did not receive any acknowledgement.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Michael Grace

Postby Michael Grace » 17 Apr 2014, 08:03

Chris Green wrote:
Chris did you contact the Heraldry Society of New Zealand? If not, as a member, I would be happy to pass it on.

No, for some reason the NZHS wasn't in the list of heraldic associations I found (on the website of another heraldry society). I wrote snail-mail to NZ Herald Extraordinary O'Shea but did not receive any acknowledgement.

Hmm...Good luck with that one. I'll forward it on to the society and I'll put a post on the blog Onward.
Michael

Grasagh aboe

Arthur Radburn

Postby Arthur Radburn » 17 Apr 2014, 09:48

Chris Green wrote:

NZ Herald Extraordinary is contactable by e-mail -- details on this page : http://www.dpmc.govt.nz/honours/overview/herald-of-arms .
Regards
Arthur Radburn

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 17 Apr 2014, 11:14

NZ Herald Extraordinary is contactable by e-mail

I am sure he is. I wrote to him on 16 January (with my e-mail address) and have no intention of following up my letter if he has not got the courtesy to reply.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 22 Apr 2014, 14:33

I have just picked this up on the Nordic "Heraldica" Forum:

Would anybody be interested in a International Heraldry Day event (symposium/congress) on June 10th in the Netherlands? It can be in a free location, so the costs would be zero to attend. Coffee lunch etc. can be bought in the local canteen. On own costs.

We just need a list of speakers and people willing to pay their own travel costs to Wageningen (NL). Proceedings will not be published, only as pdf on line.

We can make this an annual event. But I'd like to give it a try this year. Anybody willing to come ? Please also spread outside this forum ! We can accommodate between 20 and 700 people, so that is not an issue.

Ralf Hartemink

http://www.ngw.nl
harte924@planet.nl

Ton: Something for you?
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Ton de Witte

Postby Ton de Witte » 22 Apr 2014, 15:30

yes I think it could be fun, Klaas Padberg Evenboer is also interested.
Ton de Witte
IAAH secretary

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 22 Apr 2014, 16:27

Ton:

If you can attend it would be great if you could give a little talk about the IAAH and encourage those present to consider applying for membership. Are there any other Dutch members of IAAH who might be interested?
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 10 May 2014, 15:46

Ladies and Gentlemen,
For those of you not engaged in social media, I wanted to give you the opportunity to see some of the efforts going into promoting International Heraldry Day 2014. Using the badge design and graphic done by Alexander Liptak last year and artwork developed specifically to promote International Heraldry Day 2014, we have been aggressively promoting the event on the web page of LjGroupArt and in Facebook.
I am aware the IAAH has strict rules re: advertisement, but since IAAH has thrown their support behind International Heraldry Day and many of our members are not on social media, I have asked and been given permission to post the appropriate links. Because of the forum set-up, I shall have to do more than one post (I think) - my apologies.

The direct link to the item with the IAAH Shield (on reverse):
http://www.zazzle.com/international_heraldry_day_2014_tee_shirt-235221527367168140

And for those on Facebook, the International Heraldry Day FB Page:
https://www.facebook.com/celebrateheraldry

Let's encourage everyone in the heraldry community to show their support for this event... (In 5 years it will just be a "natural" part of the community) :lol:
Last edited by Kathy McClurg on 10 May 2014, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Be well,
Kathy

Return to “General Heraldry”