International Heraldry Day 2014

General Heraldry subjects
Kathy McClurg

Re: International Heraldry Day 2014

Postby Kathy McClurg » 10 May 2014, 15:48

(second and final post)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
For those of you not engaged in social media, I wanted to give you the opportunity to see some of the efforts going into promoting International Heraldry Day 2014. Using the badge design and graphic done by Alexander Liptak last year and artwork developed specifically to promote International Heraldry Day 2014, we have been aggressively promoting the event on the web page of LjGroupArt and in Facebook.
I am aware the IAAH has strict rule re: advertisement, but since IAAH has thrown their support behind International Heraldry Day and many of our members are not on social media, I have asked and been given permission to post the appropriate links.

http://www.ljgroupart.com/home.html

http://www.ljgroupart.com/products.html

http://www.zazzle.com/ljgroupart/2014?qs=2014&GroupProducts=False&pg=1&sd=desc&st=date_created

Again, I apologize for multiple posts. Visit LjGroupArt if you are not on Facebook to see periodic updates.
Be well,
Kathy

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 12 May 2014, 15:13

At the risk of over doing it... I felt people should be aware that Zazzle is running a 60% off sale in the US until Friday. We have no control over this and I shall not be posting sales again..

If you are an international person - see the link to the zazzle location for your country to see what/if any sales they are holding there:

http://www.ljgroupart.com/international-store-links-.html
Be well,
Kathy

Tomasz Steifer

Postby Tomasz Steifer » 15 May 2014, 01:12

Chris Green wrote:10 June 2014 may seem a long way off, but if I don't achieve anything else in my short tenure of office as President I should like the next International Heraldry Day to be a success.

I have prepared some projects on our International Heraldry Day, that each of us can print on T-shirts, stickers, postcards, etc. Part of graphics is stylized in the form of a tree showing evolution of heraldic shield, and some set many coats of arms, mostly of Polish nobility. Subtitles are in Polish, English and German. All (approx. 30 MB) in good resolution, good enough to print, in the PNG format is available for free download at this link as zip file:
https://www.wuala.com/steifer/Internationale%20Heraldry%20Day/?key=Nbz3rlQmyckV
regards

Tomasz Steifer
IAAH Fellow

Michael Grace

Postby Michael Grace » 15 May 2014, 03:15

That's awesome work Tomasz! Very talented!
Michael

Grasagh aboe

Terry Baldwin

Postby Terry Baldwin » 15 May 2014, 06:12

Very Impressive, well done.
Regards,

Terry Baldwin
IAAH Vice President: Heraldic Design

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 18 May 2014, 06:36

It's been quite an interesting evolution on Social media - which some here disdain and others participate in. I've posted 2 times on every heraldry page I could find of any note inviting people to "join the celebration" of international heraldry... of the, say, 5,000 people (rough estimate) who are interested in heraldry on social media, about 500 have acknowledged the page.

Additionally, about 30 organizations were approached to "participate." Not one replied - even in negative. So... hmm...

I intend to do keep at it by "spamming" the pages again a few times - "IHD 2014 is almost here" kind of stuff.

However, I do suggest everyone a member of heraldic groups in "real life" spread the word locally in their groups and perhaps suggest how folks can individually or as a group acknowledge the event.

And I suggest we start next year in January... I'm guessing this is going to take some time to "establish" :o
Be well,
Kathy

Chris Green

Postby Chris Green » 18 May 2014, 07:43

Additionally, about 30 organizations were approached to "participate." Not one replied - even in negative. So... hmm...

Virtually the same as my more formal approach - and I did indeed start in January. The "not invented here" syndrome is alive and well. But we soldier on.
Chris Green
IAAH President

Bertilak de Hautdesert

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 22 May 2014, 01:41

On the social media we have a little over 400 people following the "event" on face book. Very few post to the page or have contributed much, but the number is up from last year by about 2 times as many. There are 19 days until International Heraldry Day and.. I think perhaps I shall be doing a bit of "blitzing" (better known as spamming) on the pages.

After the day goes by, I haven't decided how to approach it, but I think some of us might be working follow-ups and try to get people to post their personal remembrances or celebrations of the day - flags flying, dinner with friends and family.. new commissions, etc... I'd love to go back with a very polite follow-up message to all 30 organizations and let them know via some pictures how people have begun celebrating the day... would love to be able to include some from here...if people will post.. Haven't worked the whole thing out yet.. but.. I will.. oh, yes, my precious... I will... :twisted:
Be well,
Kathy

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 01 Jun 2014, 14:25

A couple new updates:
First, I was asked for articles about International Heraldry Day for the Heraldry Society (England) publication. As I am not a member, I would appreciate it if a member took a scan on anything there in the last or next issue about the topic and posted it for the rest of us... or something.

Second I was asked for same from the RHSC, Toronto Branch and have seen the draft copy. I've asked to be able to share and await permission until a bit after their membership has the document.

There was some progress...
Be well,
Kathy

Kathy McClurg

Postby Kathy McClurg » 01 Jun 2014, 14:33

Doing these as separate items.. So I can keep the basic subjects separated.

I found an interesting site called Waymarking. I did a waymark search for "heraldry" location at my US zip code. Only one hit within 100Km.. so, I was thinking of getting a free account and spending International Heraldry Day going out and finding Heraldry, taking pics and uploading proposed waymarks for inclusion in the category Coat of Arms. This appears to be an international online thing.. people can search for waymarks by category, keyword and location, location alone... so - when someone is going on holiday or vacation, they could search the location for waymarks and find heraldry...

With the free membership you get to search, submit for inclusion waymarks and such. A paying membership has more capabilities and is $30/year. I may go that route to experiment - but what a wonderful online opportunity to help folks find real, physical heraldry (especially in the remote places like the US where one often has to search for it).

This could be something we as IAAH may want to take up a bit over time... I think it would be great to be going, say, to Toronto.. and look for heraldry in that location online...

http://www.waymarking.com/default.aspx
Be well,
Kathy

Return to “General Heraldry”